HOW WE COLLECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to,
- Information You Provide Us Directly: We may ask for certain information such as a User’s name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information”) when Users visit our Sites, register on the Sites, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Sites. Users may, however, visit our Sites anonymously. We will collect Personally Identifiable Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personally Identifiable Information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
- Survey or Assessment Submission: We collect Personally Identifiable Information (name, company name, and email address) as well as product name and progress toward achieving business, technology, and/or product development milestones.
- Analytics Information: We may directly collect information, or we or our third-party business partners may use analytic tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the service.
- Log File Information: We may collect non-Personally Identifiable Information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may collect and use Users’ Personal Identification Information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information that Users provide helps us to respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize Users’ experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites.
- To improve our Sites: We may use feedback Users provide to improve our products and services.
- To communicate with Users: We may use Personally Identifiable Information provided to us by Users to respond to inquiries or provide information about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address Users provide to send Users information.. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For assessment surveys: We will use information provided by User and collected by our assessment surveys to assess the maturity of User’s business, technology, and/or product development in order to determine eligibility for one of our programs and to market those opportunities to User. The User will receive an interactive spreadsheet tool by email after completing one of our assessment surveys. We will use this tool to monitor your future progress toward business, technology, and/or product development milestones in order to determine your eligibility for our future programs. We will also monitor your use of this tool for the purpose of improving the tool for future users.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Sites.
However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Sites may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. You should use caution whenever submitting information online.
- New York State Energy Research Development Authority (NYSERDA): We will share User assessment information with NYSERDA, which is the principal supporter of ForClimateTech.org.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP): We will share User assessment information with NIST MEP, which is the principal supporter of the NextCorps Manufacturing Accelerator.
- Program Partners including SecondMuse, RIT Golisano Institute for Sustainability, and REV: Ithaca Startup Works: We will share User assessment information with our program partners, which assist us with implementation of the For ClimateTech programs and the NextCorps Manufacturing Accelerator.
- Aggregated Demographic Information: We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personally Identifiable Information regarding Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers such as Google, SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Zapier and Formilla to help us operate our business and the Sites or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys, processing assessment information, processing payments, or supporting online chat. We may share your information with these third parties as needed for them to perform their functions. We will use contractual or other means to protect Personally Identifiable Information disclosed to such third parties.
- In the Event of a Business Change: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- As Required: We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties to: (i) enforce or apply the Terms & Conditions or any applicable end user license agreement; (ii) comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials; (iii) protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our Users or others; (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; and/or (vi) investigation, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under age 13. If User is under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personally Identifiable Information through the Sites. If User has reason to believe that we may have accidentally received Personally Identifiable Information about an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at any of the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Sites, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
Users may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Users can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about User, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about User.
- Have us delete any data we have about User.
- Express any concern User has about our use of User data.
DATA RETENTION POLICY
Data that is collected on this site, including but not limited to Personally Identifiable Information, will be retained for marketing, program recruitment, and assessment purposes for as long as these purposes exist, after which it will be deleted.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of Personally Identifiable Information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one (1) request each year by emailing or writing us at the below contact information.
Our Sites are hosted and operated in the United States. If you are accessing the Sites from outside of the United States, please be advised that United States’ law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction.
260 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604
Attention: Marketing Director